Eden Camp

Hi

For this week’s homework we would like you to reflect on Friday’s visit to Eden Camp.

On Friday we had a fantastic time at Eden Camp and learnt a range of different knowledge about World War 2 as well as other wars in the last century. Could you please write a reply to this post to tell us what you thought was the most interesting part of the day?

We look forward to hearing you ideas-could you please make sure you have replied by Friday 16th October.

Thanks

Mr Rigby & Mrs Cooper

12 thoughts on “Eden Camp

1. LD

Hi
    I love Edan camp all the fantastic thinks I learnt . But if I had to pic one it hat to be the hut they where all so good but the best hut for me was hut 5 it had all the smock and it was like I was in the war they where so good thank you for bring me there

LD

1. c.cooper Post author

You are more than welcome. I am glad you enjoyed it and that you got to experience what it was like for people in the war. I think the Blitz hut was a hit! Thank you for your reply.

2. M.N

Dear Miss Cooper,

In my opinion, the most interesting part of the day would be exploring the different unique huts- which were packed with excitement – and they made me feel like I was really in the war experiencing what like would have been like for a child at that time in the trenches. I also found it particularly exciting when we were looking in enthusiasm and excitement at the different manikins that were showing us different things that they would have done.

Maham

1. c.cooper Post author

I am glad that you enjoyed this experience so much and that it helped you to understand more about what the war was like. There was certainly lots to explore!

3. SC

Hi Mrs Cooper

I really enjoyed Eden camp because I got to learn different things about World War Two. My favourite hut was hut five witch was the Blitz. I enjoyed it because it helped me to understand how it felt to be in the Blitz and how scary it is. It also affected my sense of smell because it had a pungent smell of smoke. It made World War Two seem more real and helped me to understand what life was really like at that time. Thanks for taking us
    from sc

1. c.cooper Post author

You’re welcome! It was good to try and experience what it was like, I think this helped with writing our war stories.

4. Tom Powell

Hello Miss Cooper
    I am writing to tell you about my favourite part of Eden Camp. My favourite part of Eden Camp was the blitz it was fun and scary, because a man started chasing us which was fun and we were all scared.

from TP

1. c.cooper Post author

I knew you would say the Blitz hut was your favourite! I hope it helped you to understand what it was like to be there.

5. C.P

Dear Mrs cooper,
    I really enjoyed Eden camp it was awesome and amazing I learnt so much about ww2 my favourite hut was hut 5 the blitz it was so realistic I loved it. The most scariest one was the u boat one that was so wierd and freaky.
    CP

1. c.cooper Post author

It was a pleasure. Yes the U-boat experience was strange, I’m glad I wasn’t on that boat in the war.

6. AB

Hi Mrs Cooper,

I really enjoyed Eden camp!!! My 2 favourite huts were the U-boat and the Blitz. I liked these because there were lots of special effects. Some were; bubbling water ; moving hands and bright and dark lighting!! I liked the Blitz also because you saw the contrast between the time before the bombs and the devastation after.
    The U-boats were good as you could see the many different parts of the U-boats understand what parts were for. The smells made the huts much more realistic.
    It was an amazing school trip, thank you!

from AB

1. c.cooper Post author

I agree Alfie, the effects were amazing and really helped us to understand more about what it was like. I’m glad you enjoyed it, you are welcome.